WEST – Water and Environment Student Talks
The Water and Environment Student Talks Conference, also known as WESTcon, is an interdisciplinary conference organized by students for students and young professionals whose work relates to the water sphere. The annual event started in 2014, and WEST hosts speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and student presentations over three days every June to highlight current issues and the latest water developments.
The WESTcon Conference Themes are:
- Research plays a crucial role in safeguarding our water resources.
- Promoting water as a necessarily multidisciplinary collaboration
- Introducing new perspectives
- Inclusive to water professionals from around British Columbia, the Pacific Northwest, and further
- Collaborative learning by students and water professionals